once again I am kinda stuck. I upgraded to 0.18.5 and things have gone fully weird. I have a network with three clients, all Linux. 0.17 was installed and working on all of them. I upgraded the root node/dash, which is hosted in aws, with the upgrade script. (no errors.) I used the built in package manager to upgrade each client. After joining the clients to the network again everything seems to be OK but the clients can't talk to each other. The dash, though, says they're all fine.
None of the clients can ping anything
on the network, including the first node, which is a huge puzzler. If I turn on wireguard debug logs, it's just dumping out error after error about failed handshakes, which would normally indicate the systems can't communicate with each other, but again, the big change here was just upgrading to 0.18.5.
I tried enabling and disabling making the root node a relay, which shouldn't be required because two of the systems actually have ports forwarded to them (and static ports configured.)
One of the things I noticed in the server log is that there's this "legacy node detected" thing that appears repeatedly; after we upgraded the nanopi, which we did about two hours ago, there should have been no remaining legacy nodes from 0.17. So I'm not sure why that would still show up.